So throughout our studies we have discussed read the book “Alice in Wonderland” so I thought I would give my take on the book. After reading the first few chapters I concluded that the book had to do with change, due to the fact that Alice frequently changed sizes along with her surroundings, which continually changed. By the time I reached chapter five I felt confident in this view, because Alice herself in her talk with the caterpillar reveals how she was irritated by the many changes both around her and to her. So what if she was irritated (I thought), what type of influence did this have upon the book? Until the end I could not figure this out though in the final chapter it all made sense, Alice was growing up. The book had a universal theme It was not the complete gibberish I once thought it was, although was a book that effectively in a more indirect way brought the point across. In the simplest of words the theme was “Loss of Innocence”. Alice was making the transition from girl to woman hood which was what the change was she felt, and disliked. If you have questions please leave them as a comment and thanks.
By Josiah keagy
By reading your short analysis over "Alice In Wonderland", I had realized a little more about Alice, and it's meaning. I was somewhat lost as to it's meaning, I mean reading the book; however this clarified many questions I couldn't figure out. Props.
ReplyDeleteYeah once you figure out the actual meaning of it, it doesn't just seem like a giant pointless fiction story. After watching the movie and reading the book, i still didn't understand what the "main point" of the book was supposed to be. Clarification in class made it a lot easier to understand. --Rich h.
ReplyDeleteSince Alice in Wonderland is usually associated with young children and fantasy tales I questioned the reasoning behind reading this book as Seniors in high school, but after realizing the theme was "growing up" it all made sense. We are at a time in our lives where growing up and becoming adults is our only option. This relates to Alice both in her physical and mental growth throughout the story. Although her constant change in height irritated her at times, it made Alice grow up mentally. She had to discover who she really was or at least who she wanted to become which is exactly the stage of life that we are currently experiencing. It may be nerve-racking at times but it is a part of life that prepares us for our future as adults.
ReplyDelete~Lauren B.