My table group selected Los Vendidos by Luis Valdez as the play we are to read, study, and create a multimedia presentation. The major issues that are addressed in the play are cultural stereotypes, assimilating Mexicans into the American culture, and conflicts between educated and uneducated. However, it was none of these issues that attracted my table group to this particular play. My group, predominantly male, enjoyed the fact that the play contained profane language and some comedy. After reading the play and then analyzing the text with my group, we noticed the issues the play addresses and we began brainstorming how we could present the material to the class. We concluded on creating a short reenactment with according costumes and voice-overs. We will also incorporate the issues and the impact they have on the meaning of the play and the audience.
We will be meeting in one hour from now to complete our presentation. I am anxious to get together with the group and get to work on our play. I am not entirely sure how our project will turn out, but I am anticipating a fun and efficient time with the group and I look forward to successfully completing our project in exactly the manner we intend.
By Dane Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment