I am feeling a sort of liberating anxiety with this huge milestone in our lives is rapidly approaching. Through our entire existance the only real goals we have been working towards was graduating and getting into college. Now that the time is here it is very surreal and difficult to grasp. True I can not wait to move on with my life and take the first steps in pursuing my future, but still I am reluctant. What about everything I am going to leave behind and all that is going to change? What if I make a bad decision and completely alter the course of my future? With so many auditions, tours, and interviews I am only questioning which path I should follow more than ever recently. Up until now we have only dreamt of the future and bragged about what we were going to accomplish in our lives, but now the future is here and I wonder if we are ready for the challenge of really working to pursue the successful life we have always assumed we could attain.
-Jaclynn Enriquez

First of all I would like to say that you have written about the same emotions that I and most of all the other seniors are going through. All in our life's we all have waited for this time "Graduating" now that it's finally coming closer I don't know how to react. I guess I just have bunch of mixed emotions. I really enjoyed reading your post on college and life. :)
ReplyDeleteMost students attending high school almost always talk about how they can not wait for the day that they graduate and are left to be on their own. But it is not that easy; we all know that we will miss some aspect of high school and sometimes wish for another day there. I agree with you when you say that you are somewhat reluctant to be leaving high school which I think ties in with us being afraid of the real world. Graduation is a very drastic step in our lives that comes with tons of mixed emotions.
ReplyDeleteI love this post!! I have been feeling anxiety for the past few months anticipating what will become of my life after graduation. I think the reason it scares us so much is because we're all afraid of things that are unfamiliar to us. Discrimination derives from people not feeling comfortable with what is unfamiliar to them. This is basically the same thing. We stress and "freak out" about graduation because we discriminate against it, we fear it. Our lives after graduation are left in the unknown category in our minds. It makes perfect sense that we're all stressing. Great post!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your post that we are all scared and confused about leaving high school and moving on with our life. Since there is really no right and wrong way to move on with our lives, then it can be difficult to decide whether or not we are making the right the decisions with our future. Personally, I am extrememly afraid to leave this place which has become like a home to me, afraid to leave what I know and explore something new and different. Will I like it? Will I keep up with my friends once we all go our seperate ways? We all have to face these challenging questions,and hopefully we all find our way.
ReplyDelete-C. Rodriguez
Yea its finally the time to think about what are lives are going to be like entering college soon and what the new future brings. Even though the future we were waiting for is the present now, there are always new steps to take and many goals to set, but this is finally a step that we take, which feels like a whole new life changing moment, even though are lives are just in their early stages.
ReplyDelete-Danny D.
Milestones goals graduating college. Pursuing change and dreaming of accomplishments. Future challenge: Success
ReplyDeleteInteresting words to highlight. they summarize the fears and hopes expressed in the posting simply by themselves. Did you look at the effect of the red words as a whole, or only the effect of emphasizing them for the immediate affect?
-Shannon D
It's crazy that we are all going to be graduating in May and going off on our separate paths pursuing all the dreams we have had for the past years. This blog got me excited for what's to come in the next year and although we are leaving the friends we have made the past four years, we are on another journey that is going to shape the rest of our lives. Future, accomplish and milestone were the three bolded words that stood out to me simply because that is what is ahead of us. College is a huge milestone that is going to shape our future and challenge us to accomplish what we have always wanted to. These words will be a huge part of the next year and will begin our path and new journey.
ReplyDeleteYour blog is definitely something we all can agree on and relate to. No matter what each senior's circumstances, we're all taking a big step forward into the future and this is surely not an easy thing. I must say being at Osos has helped us all get ready however, or at least offered us some assistance in getting ready for this milestone. Good choice of words.
ReplyDeleteJessica D.
Anyone who has ever been a senior has gone through these feelings. Have you ever thought that maybe society just blows the idea of graduating from high school and attending college out of proportion? The other day, I was engaging in conversation with some successful people, and they gave me a few hints. They did say that college was different and that you become who you are at college, but they just saw it as the next step in one's life. People do not have to do anything monumental in college to succeed. And if you are worried about choosing the right college and making the correct decision to assure maximum success, you can always rely on good old destiny and fate to lead you there. Unfortunately, if you do not...then you can keep stressing about it!
ReplyDelete~ Simon L.
Anxiety is the perfect work to describe it: your excited to leave, but your afraid of the change. It's definitely a huge eye opener coming up so close to graduation realizing that soon our whole lives will change and we will be our own self sufficient individual. Great post.
ReplyDeleteRoberto L
My thoughts exactly. I've also cannot help but to wonder where are we all going to end up at? How many of us are going to reach our dreams? I too, have the fear of failure and change but then I realize I'm not the only one. I believe there will be no regret as long as we do our best in whatever we'll all end up doing. And with that, it makes it all exciting~ :)
ReplyDeleteBoa K.
I agree with what Simon said in that the status quo has just made the thought of moving on to college such an overwhelming idea. Personally, I do still feel some sort of anxiety by thinking about it, but that's really the thing: students think about it too much. Of course, one should always think about their future, but overthinking will definitely cause some unnecessary stress which would hinder you from enjoying the last bit of high school we Seniors have. Everything we've built up these past four years is reaching its climax, and it's really up to us and how we choose to spend our last days that will determine how we go out; either with a bang or just normally. The future will take care of itself because I'm sure we've done almost everything we could to prepare for it. So I say, just sit back and enjoy the seniority. :p
ReplyDeleteLian C.
I deffinetly agree with this, its gonna be such a big step in our lives, were finally graduating and the chanllenge begins now, the scariest part is what road to take, is it the right one, so many things so many emotions. Hopefully things work out fine for everyone.
ReplyDeletemayra de la torre
This is an awesome post! You have completely described the way i feel right now as we are finishing high school. Sometimes i feel that i am done with high school and ready to tackle the real world, but at other times i feel im not ready just yet. I dont even know what i want.
ReplyDeleteLike everyone else commentings, your post truly describes what I and most senior are going through, because this is the year when big changes happen. For me, I have high school until May, summer with family and friends, and by September the real journey begins with college where we will no longer be the seniors of high school, but the freshmen of college. Everything we do will be our responsibility and thats when the true life lessons begin to unravel because we will be foreigner to this new world that will treat us like what we have been waiting for...Adults.
ReplyDelete-Cynthia Navarro
The journey ahead will be tough, but at the same time, it will be rewarding. We have dreamed about the countless paths our life can take, now is the time to follow true. I appreciate and enjoy your enthusiasm for the future ahead, it will help you succeed. Good luck to all!
ReplyDeleteGreat comments everyone! I too wish everyone luck in the future! :)
ReplyDeleteTo reply to an earlier comment no I had only highlighted the words for immediate affect and did not realize the overall impact until the end.
-Jaclynn Enriquez
I totally agree to this post! Everyone can relate to this idea. Honestly, when thinking about everything that's going to change I feel as if things are out of control. Some people may think that the transfer from high school to college isn't that big of a deal, but honestly, this post highlights how big of a deal it really is. After all, how many of us have waited for four years- and the rest of our lives- to be influenced by one choice? That's a big deal in my opinion.
ReplyDelete-Emily S.
Definitly can relate to this blog, i cant believ graduation is coming up so soon, im anxious yet so excited all at the same time
ReplyDelete-jake K
I think we can all relate to this blog. At any major change in our lives, we hesitate. The possibility of failure holds us back, and the possibility of success pushes us forward. Being pulled in two directions confuses us and causes us anxiety. Although this is an exciting time in our lives, it is bittersweet.
ReplyDelete-Erica W.
As everyone else has said, this applies to any senior. As May approaches and we finish up our scholarship applications and nervously await college answers we are all starting to think about our future. What happened to the time when we were all little kids and college was such a long ways away? Although we are all terrified of stepping into the unknown I think we are ready. Thanks for the inciteful post! -Dorothy Z.
ReplyDeleteBefore we know it high school is going to be a thing in the past and college is what we are going to be concerned about. I can't believe four years have passed this quickly. Where did they go? I remember the days when I was a freshman hardly knowing anyone and worried about where my next class was. Now, I'm about to graduate ready to move on and into my future. Just like you mentioned, I'm very excited but at the same time nervous, wondering how I will handle all the obstacles and trials that come my way. I wish you the best of luck as we move on to the next phase in our lives. This was a great post where I was able to reflect on my past and also look forward to my future. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteJoel B. (Dragon Fist Bandits)
You have been able to articulate the fears and anxieties that we feel. Multiple times throughout the year I have stopped and had mini heart attacks when thinking about the future. It's scary not knowing what's ahead and having to just jump by ourselves really for the first time in our lives, and yet it's exciting at the same time! :)
ReplyDelete-Sapir L.
The same idea floats through my head each day as I begin to realize that everything I have been working for and hoping for the past years will shortly become a reality. Ever since I was a little girl I have dreamed of graduation from high school and attending the college of my dreams, but as that dream comes closer and closer, feelings of anxiety begin to arise. My life will completely change within the next few months, and as excited and as ready as I am, I am also a little bit nervous. Will I be happy moving out of my house? Will my roommate be friendly? Will I be challenged enough, or perhaps too much? As I have all of these feelings racing through my head I know that when the time comes I will be ready to face anything that comes my way!
ReplyDeleteLexie Cantarero
I can really relate to how you feel. Well i'm sure all the seniors can. Anxiety is the perfect word to describe how we feel. We're so close to graduating and I'm so ready to get out of here. Yet, I still am worried about the future and what will happen. I'll just have to take it as it comes. (:
ReplyDelete-Stephanie Kang
This blog sums up a lot of emotions that I feel many seniors are going through right now; the pressure we feel to keep trying hard as the end of our high school years approaches is unbearable. Axiety is truly the perfect word to describe us all as we venture into college life. Graduation is so close!
ReplyDelete-Kelli
I feel like you took the words right out of my mouth! This condenses the pressure of this year! I really like the emphasis of the words in red. It seems like those are apart of our daily vocabulary during senior year. So stressful!!!
ReplyDelete-Kaylynn B
I relate strongly with the title of this post. I feel that college truly is too close to believe. It seems just like a week ago that I was excited to enter high school and was worried I might not make a good first impression upon my teachers, and now I'm expected to leave my home and enter into the "real" world. My world seems to flurry past me so quickly, I forget to smell the roses upon my path...
ReplyDeleteIt has been a long journey. We have literally dedicated countless hours to high school. For some reason I view graduating from high school as the final task when it comes to becoming an adult. While I am sure that I have a lot more to learn, I am more than confident about the growth I have accomplished throughout high school.
ReplyDeleteIt's such a bittersweet thing isn't it? Being so anxious for it all to be over, yet not wanting things to change. I can't believe we are almost there, the light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter than ever. Victory is so close, we can almost taste it.
ReplyDelete_meredith k
I must say with school being so close to being over, being able to pay attention in class is becoming harder and harder. I begin to question whether or not everything the teacher is saying is even worth my time or even debating whether or not taking a nap would bring me greater satisfication than looking at the same eaxact people each day. But still I stand ahahaha
ReplyDeleteJacci, the only thing you need to worry about is getting your dad to let you go to that performing arts school that you're dying to go to! just keep being the amazing person you are and keep counting down the days until we book it!- Brenda ;)
ReplyDeleteI know! Its coming up sooooo fast-- this year absolutely flew by!! I like how you highlighted the important words pertaining to graduation:) i
ReplyDeleteIts so close though so far away, the end of this year has made its distinction from all others (cus were seniors). Now only one week left. This year has gone by the fastest of them all, it also my of helped that we have had five less days though still it has gone by fast.
ReplyDelete--Josiah Keagy
P.S.
ReplyDeleteI so cant wait to throw my hat.
--Josiah Keagy
i can totally relate to this post! with one week left, i am realizing what really matters. it's crazy how fast the last four years have gone.
ReplyDelete-brittany delaney