Friday, September 10, 2010

Blog #1 Intro to...

Introduction to Acting by Jaclynn Enriquez

I ask them to abandon their own authority
And feel all existing possibility
Like an empty mind

Or a playwrights clean journal.

I say let go to feel the beauty of the spotlight
And let it illuminate and warm their skin,

Embrace the uncertainty and
Make peace with how little control they posses.

I want them to feel adrenaline pulse
As they stare into the mysterious shapes
Beyond the blinding white.

But they see a spotlight or stage
And shudder away with irrelivent fear
As if to an omniscient searchlight.

They will never experience the true comfort
That arises with renouncing command.

While wrighting this poem I wanted to convey the inner peace that I feel when I am performing onstage. So many things can happen unexpectidly and unless you completely let yourself go to your character you will never be able to handle any sudden changes that may occur. You cannot think, if you think you will freeze and only increase the troubled situation; only if you truly release yourself and feel the stage will you be able to easily flow through any problems.

3 comments:

  1. I realize there are a few typos in my response. I know wrighting should be writing and unexpectidly should be unexpectedly, please excuse my mistake. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your poem on the art of acting. You used extremely good word choice and it helped me understand your true passion. i really enjoyed the part where you connected the spotlight that you yearn for so much on stage with a searchlight. It really connects with readers because you are explaining your emotions about the light but also realizing what others might feel. In reading this poem, i get a great sense of how much you enjoy and love this activity and how much peace that it brings to your life. I thought that it clearly portrays the feelings that you are trying to get across to your readers.
    I really enjoyed reading your poem and i thought that it was very well put together. overall great job!
    From,
    Brittany delaney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the language that you used to depict such strong visual images. This poem let me explore something I am constantly questioning- your brain. I love the extended metaphor and repition of light throughout the poem; it really let me understand all the positive things that you get out of acting.
    I love you best friend!
    Keana

    ReplyDelete